Monday 18 June 2012

Raspberry Liqueur - easy to do

I've just been asked on twitter for a recipe for raspberry liqueur so here it is, this will work with most fruits or you can experiment with different herbs or spices as well. Very easy to do and sure they would make good gifts if they last that long :)

Buy a cheap bottle of vodka or gin, use a sterilised plastic pop bottle for making it in. put about 10oz of your chosen fruit in the bottle, pour in the gin or vodka. Screw on the lid tightly and put in a warm place for about a week. Shake the bottle every day.

At the end of the week make a sugar syrup using 1 pint of hot water and 10oz sugar, once the sugar is dissolved let the syrup cool. Strain the raspberry gin or vodka through a muslin or a fine sieve then add the liquid to the sugar syrup. Using a jug to rebottle the liqueur and store for a few more weeks before drinking.

Think I just might have to try one of these myself, good job I have alot of pop bottles and better start labelling them all as now have elderflower cordial, nettle beer alcoholic ginger beer!!

If you would like to learn more about my exploits foraging for free wild food and the recipes I have cooked with my herbs and grow your own then please have a look at some of my other posts :)

2 comments:

  1. This works best with berries. Wild strawberries are abundant on my property as well as few mulberry trees and both are delicious. I've also made this with honeydew melons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks tracey, some great ideas to try.

      Delete